Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Start of a new Adventure

March 27th I ran my first Half Marathon! Such a wonderful feeling after accomplishing a goal I have had for a few years! I had an amazing race and finished well above my goal! My official time was 2:15:09!!! With one stop and seeing a few friends along the way, it was SO humbling to see my parents, Allyson, Kristin, and Jeff at the finish line!! I couldn't have done it with out the support of such wonderful friends and family!!


I had been training since January first, and believe me a few times wanted to stop! I truly was so amazed at how great I felt at the end. Now the next few days was a little rough! After lunch with my parents and friends, I headed to the Lady Bear Sweet Sixteen game with family! Such a fun game to watch and experience with a cousin that knows more about Lady Bear Basketball than I do!!
I am definitely looking forward to running a few more races and definitely another half marathon at some point! For now I am looking forward to a getaway with girlfriends and a Diva Dash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment